The meeting participants discussed the situation related to coronavirus infection in the country and made s decision to declare a special regime to prevent the spread of the infection
The statement of the Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan reads:
Taking into account the experience of different countries in the fight against the global coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, in order to prevent the spread of coronavirus infection in the country, a special quarantine regime is announced in the Republic of Azerbaijan from 00:00 on March 24, 2020 to 00:00 on April 20.
During this time:
1. Prohibit people over the age of 65 from leaving home. To provide social services to this category of single people in accordance with the legislation.
2. To restrict entry to and exit from Baku, Sumgayit cities and Absheron districts, except of the movement of special purpose vehicles, including ambulances, rescue vehicles as well as trucks.
3. To suspend regional and long-distance passenger transport activities in the country.
4. Ensure that citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan being abroad with preference given to families with young children, the elderly, persons in need of medical care are brought to Azerbaijan on special charter flights with compulsory quarantine for 14-21 days, within the established schedule.
5. Baku Transport Agency to apply special express bus lines between 06:00 and 22:00 on the basis of the established route between metro stations. Passengers are advised to minimize the use of the metro, prefer to use land transport.
6. Prohibit gathering of individuals in groups of more than 10 people in public places, including streets, boulevards, parks and other places.
7. To recommend that citizens keep a distance of 2 meters in human contact.
8. To apply a new mode of work to public catering establishments: to set the time of customer service on the spot from 12.00 to 15.00, to allow home pick-up, delivery and online sales without restrictions;
9. To suspend the activity of shopping centers and malls in the country, except for the supermarkets, grocery stores and pharmacies;
10. To ensure the operation of food stores, pharmacies and other vital facilities.
11. Control over the implementation of the requirements of the special quarantine regime shall be entrusted to the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan strongly recommends that the entire population stay at home, observe isolation, and call the hotline 103 or 15-42 for those who experience symptoms characteristic to coronavirus infection.