In accordance with the document, the joint media platform is aimed at strengthening bilateral Azerbaijani-Turkish relations and cooperation in the field of media and communications and creating a strategic media partnership.
The infrastructure of a healthy media network between the two countries will be created upon the following methods within the platform:
- exchange of knowledge, experience, and sources in the field of media;
- carrying out joint work with the official structures of the two countries operating in the field of media;
- carrying out a joint fight against misinformation found in the international arena and correctly informing the international community;
- implementation of joint work in the field of television and cinema;
- establishing a partnership with representatives of various media outlets;
- organization of vocational education and exchange programs;
- creation of a bridge of communication between representatives of advanced thought of the two countries.
A joint working committee will be created to develop a focused, comprehensive plan for the implementation of a media platform between Turkey and Azerbaijan during the next three months after the Memorandum of Understanding enters into force, the document says.
The bill was put to a vote and adopted in the first reading.