London station evacuated after reports of man on track with bomb

  22 June 2018    Read: 1454
London station evacuated after reports of man on track with bomb

British police said on Friday London's Charing Cross rail terminal had been evacuated after reports of man on the tracks claiming to have a bomb.

"The station has been evacuated as a precaution and no services are currently stopping at the station," British Transport Police said on Twitter.

British Transport Police confirmed they had received reports of a man on the tracks, claiming to have a bomb.

Officers were quick to swoop on the scene, arresting the man.

British Transport Police said: "We are currently dealing with an incident at Charing Cross station following reports of a man on the tracks claiming to have a bomb.

They confirmed about half an hour later: "A man claiming to have a bomb at Charing Cross station has now been arrested."

They said they were now working to reopen the station as soon as possible.

Met Police were also at the scene, saying reports had been received of a man "acting suspiciously".

No one was injured.


More about: London