UK Foreign Office issued a statement on Monday saying Jeremy Hunt and Martin Griffiths, United Nations Special Envoy for Yemen, have agreed it is time the Security Council took action to strengthen the UN-led process, Reuters reported.
“The action the UK takes forward at the UN Security Council will help towards that goal, ensuring that a full ceasefire, when it comes, is fully implemented,” the statement said.
The statement did not specifically refer to the actions the UK Britain would take, British diplomats, however, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said London and Washington are working on a draft resolution aimed at ending Yemen war.
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo last week called for ending the conflict in Yemen.
UK says the ceasefire will only come into force when a political deal is reached between the parties involved in Yemen.
Griffiths is due to brief the Security Council on Yemen on November 16th.
While slaying the Saudi critic journalist Jamal Khashoggi has mounted global pressure on the Saudis, UK, US and many other countries have called for a halt to the war in Yemen.
The crisis began in 2015, with the Saudi's intervention in its internal affairs.
Following the attacks by Saudi coalition jet fighters, the intervention turned into an all-out war against the impoverished nation, claiming the lives of thousands of innocent women and children and wounding tens of thousands others.