Turkey says its convoy attacked in Syria, three civilians killed

  19 August 2019    Read: 1493
Turkey says its convoy attacked in Syria,   three civilians killed

A Turkish military convoy was attacked en route to one of its observation posts in northwest Syria on Monday, Turkey’s Defense Ministry said, adding that three civilians were killed and 12 others wounded in the air strike.

The ministry said in a statement that the attack violated Ankara’s agreements and cooperation with Russia, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s most powerful ally. It said Russia had been told in advance about the convoy.


More about: Turkey   Syria