Passenger turnover at Baku Airport rose by 40% in the first half of 2024

  09 July 2024    Read: 738
Passenger turnover at Baku Airport rose by 40% in the first half of 2024

Passenger turnover at Heydar Aliyev International Airport for the first 6 months of 2024 increased significantly, reaching 3.388 million people. This is 40% higher than the same period last year, when 2.423 million passengers were carried. During this period, Baku Airport served 27.6 thousand flights operated by 38 airlines, 17 of which were low-cost airlines.

3.045 million passengers were carried on international routes. Of these, 1.609 million passengers (53%) were carried by foreign airlines, and the remaining 1.436 million (47%) by the national carrier.The most popular international destinations remain Moscow, Istanbul, Tbilisi, Dubai, and Abu Dhabi, where 1.537 million passengers were served over 6 months.

On en route to Nakhchivan, AZAL carried 10% more passengers - 350 thousand passengers compared to the corresponding period last year. An increase in the number of flights in this direction has also been recorded. In the six months of 2024, 3,201 flights were carried out, which is 43% more than 2,243 flights in the same period last year. During this period, the largest number of flights was registered on July 2, with 17 flights operated on that day. Currently, there are 13 regular daily flights on the Baku-Nakhchivan-Baku route; if there is high demand, additional flights are provided to passengers.

Additionally, the role of Baku Airport as a transit hub continues to grow. During January-June 2024, the number of transit passengers increased by 142%, totaling more than 192 thousand people. The increase was particularly noticeable in June 2024: the number of transit passengers increased 4.5 times compared to June of the previous year, reaching 57.7 thousand people.

It should be noted that active work is continuing at Heydar Aliyev International Airport to improve infrastructure and services, expand the route network, and introduce modern technologies to ensure efficiency, safety, and comfort of travel.


More about:


News Line